Students may log into their Sharp School account by using the same log in as they do for school. This is the first three letters of your child's last name, the first the letters of their first name, and the last four digits of their student id. Their default password has been set to 123456.
Cario is a highly successful middle school with a large campus, a small-school atmosphere, and huge opportunities for students. Cario continues to provide excellence in all areas of academics, arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
Students have opportunities to earn high school credits and may take exploratory courses such as Spanish, pre-engineering, health, drama, dance, and action based learning. Cario has one of the highest percentages of students identified as gifted and talented (GT) in CCSD. Cario provides a quality education through shared responsibility in a safe supportive environment for all students to meet the challenges of a global society. We work hard to make this site a gateway for improved communication between parents, teachers, students and other members of our community.
By now many of you have noticed that your children have NOT come home with the usual back-to-school wrapping paper packet or another type of door-to-door fundraiser and are wondering …. Why?
The Park West Campus Education Fund (PWCEF) has partnered with the PTAs/PTOs to eliminate product sales and needs to replace those dollars with your family’s participation in its Fall Campaign. These funds can now be raised tax-free and qualify for employer matching. Your family’s participation, at any level, will help ensure the success of the PWCEF and eliminate door-to-door sales for good!!!
Your participation in the campaign will earn our class some GREAT prizes. There will be participation based prizes for both children AND teachers and also prizes for highest dollar amount raised. (See below for prizes). The PWCEF is also giving a GRAND PRIZE of a $200 gift card at each school. Every child that gives will be entered into the drawing and additional entries will be given at higher donation amounts.
What if I have more than 1 child at the same or different schools?
· Family donations are applied equally to each child’s classroom total.
What if I have already donated to the PWCEF?
· Donations made prior to the Fall Campaign will be applied to each child’s classroom and appropriate prize level gifts will be given out.
Can I set up a monthly payment?
· Yes, on the form as well as on the website you can set up a monthly payment to your credit card.
How did the “fund” come up with suggested amounts?
· The $180 contribution comes from the “$1/day concept” – give $1/day for each school day, or in the case of $360, $2/day. This is a concept that is being used by many schools, asking parents to give “a dollar per day for your child’s education”. The “other” place on the form allows you to make a donation that you are comfortable with. The fund has received many contributions under $180 and has also received contributions greater than $1,000 so there isn’t room on the form for all options. Every donation counts at every amount!!!
The donation form online through RAZOO does not have a space for student name or teacher?
· If you give online your dollars will be traced through your name to your child and applied to his/her of their class
For more information about the PWCEF please see the website and video at www.parkwestedfund.org
Everyone loves a contest and here are the ……Prizes!
GRAND PRIZE - a $200 gift card at each school. Every child that gives will be entered into the drawing and additional entries will be given at higher donation amounts.
DONOR PARTICPATION REWARDS:
A. Any donation = PWCEF window decal
B. $180 donation = A and collapsible water bottle
C. $360 donation = A, B and fleece blanket
D. $1000 donation = A, B, C and 2 tickets to PWCEF Major Donor event
E. $1650 donation = A, B, C, D and 2 tickets to all school events
CLASS PERCENTAGE REWARDS:
A. 50% class participation = an extra recess or no homework pass
B. 75% class participation = no uniform pass for a week
C. 100% or top overall participation = a basketball game with staff members
D. Class with the highest dollar amount raised will be treated to a BMX bike show
INDIVIDUAL TEACHER REWARDS:
A. a Class reaching 50% participation earns their teacher a “free” lunch while volunteers watch their class
B. a Class reaching 75% participation earns their teacher A and a week of jeans
C. a Class reaching 100% participation earns their teacher A, B and a $50 gift card